The Operations Director is a change leader who is responsible for providing leadership, planning, and direction to the plant operations. Day-to-day operational responsibilities include maintenance, sourcing, receiving, machining, production, and shipping. This position will support and create procedures and processes within the production area and work closely with other departments and staff.
- Supervise and oversee the activities of all manufacturing and logistics related activities for the production facility.
- Provide leadership in supply chain management to create value and minimize risk to the operation and to the organization. Deliver process to ensure optimization of supply chain partnerships focusing on performance, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Primary interface between operations and the leadership team on issues, information, and activities relating to operational performance and its impact on the organization’s financial and strategic growth.
- Participate in maximizing Visual ERP usage and any other productivity tools.
- Initiate, evaluate, and recommend procedure and process improvements to mitigate plant, supplier, or customer issues.
- Recommend and evaluate new equipment for all phases of manufacturing.
- Develop and deploy key manufacturing metrics to optimize the ability to make effective and efficient decisions that improve the operations performance and drive accountability throughout the organization. Key deliverables include on-time delivery along with quality and costing targets.
- On-Time Delivery and Key Customer Performance Metrics
- Sales, Profit, and Budget goals
- Defects and Warranty
- Supplier Quality Metrics and Audits
- Adhere to and maintain ISO capable procedures and processes
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Reporting
- Maintain Vendor Approval Process
- Lean Initiatives
- Manage and monitor all Operations Department ISO requirements.
- Ensure that all Production employees are operating equipment safely as well as meeting quality assurance and reliability standards; and production equipment is maintained and updated as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate individual employee job performance through the use of conversations and/or formal written performance reviews; including the creation of goals and development plans. Coordinate and manage direct reports including professional development, coaching, and guidance.
- Facilitate recommendations for pay changes, bonuses, and/or promotions for direct reports.
- Partner with Human Resources to initiate and execute corrective counseling for subordinates when necessary.
- Provide direction related to creating and sustaining both a Culture of Quality and Continuous Improvement inside the organization. Deliver world class results.
- Deliver world leading standards of customer service.
- Perform all duties with attention to detail; right the first time.
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry or discipline with focus on Operational Excellence. Experience in Manufacturing Engineering very beneficial. Minimum 5 years of experience in an operational leadership role.
- 4-year degree with emphasis in Engineering, Operations, Business, or Quality required. MBA/MS seen as a large plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution, technology, process improvements, root cause analysis, ISO experience, tooling, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of materials structure, and computer skills.
- High competency in production utilizing CNC and manual lathe and milling processing
- Specific education and training in quality disciplines including ISO9000, Continuous Improvement, Lean-Six Sigma, and Total Quality Management
- Proven “track-record’ for implementing cost reductions, scrap reduction and process improvements.
- Administrative knowledge including product and engineering management
- Excellent project management and problem assessment and solving methodology
- Ability to identify organization needs, and employee development.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with leaders at the customer, segment, and corporate level.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral; active listener; skilled at group presentations.
- Strong analytical skills / Ability to generate solutions to technical problems – Must demonstrate an effective and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- A commitment to continuous learning.
- High level of enthusiasm and energy / Ability to multitask
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Lampin offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental, 401K (50% match to federal limits), PTO, and stock per Lampin’s Employee Ownership program.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
- If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.
Lampin Corporation, located in Uxbridge, MA, is an Employee-Owned manufacturer of precision machine parts. Lampin services various industries, including medical, aerospace, and metrology, among others. Each Employee at Lampin is dedicated to providing the highest quality parts and services to our customers. This dedication is what being an Employee-Owned company is all about.