INSTALLATION AND LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS
MITRPAK® SPIRAL BEVEL GEARBOX
- Confirm shaft rotation before mounting.
- Unit should be mounted using all three (3) mounting holes.
- Accurately align all shafts.
Should relubrication be required, use Exxon Nebula EP-O or equivalent.
Caution: excessive amounts of grease will cause the unit to overheat.
- Remove all bearing locknuts using spanner wrench.
- Remove driveshaft. Due to cavity between the two bearing support areas, care should be taken to maintain alignment while removing.
- Remove driven shaft in the same manner as above.
- Thoroughly clean all internal bearing locknut threads in housing.
- Insert driven shaft.
- Insert driveshaft. Note: Bottom front bearing on shoulder.
- Thoroughly clean all bearing locknut threads.
- Assemble bearing locknut on drive leg using Loctite screw lock #242 or equivalent. Note: Excessive sealant in threads may migrate to and cause bearings to seize. Snug bearing locknuts – DO NOT force. Excessive force will preload bearings and reduce life expectancy.
- Assemble bearing locknuts to driven leg using thread sealant as above. Use locknuts to adjust and properly mesh gears.
- Allow sufficient time for locknuts to seal then check using spanner wrench.