Made in USA
“Buy American!” might sound like nothing more than a slogan coined by American manufacturers to sell products made in the USA, but the truth is, there are many reasons to consider buying US-manufactured goods.
Top Ten Reasons to Buy Products Made in the USA:
10) When you buy American you support not only American manufacturers, but also American workers, safe working conditions, and child labor laws.
9) Jobs shipped abroad almost never return. When you buy goods made in the USA, you help keep the American economy growing.
8) US manufacturing processes are much cleaner for the environment than many other countries; many brands sold here are produced in countries using dangerous, pollution-heavy processes. When you purchase American-made products, you know= you’re helping to keep the world a little cleaner for your children.
7) When you choose products made in the USA, you contribute to the payment of an honest day’s wages for an honest day’s work.
6) The idea of encouraging manufacturing to move offshore is strategically unsound. When you seek out American-made goods, you foster American independence.
5) The huge US trade deficit leads to massive, unsustainable borrowing from other countries. Debt isn’t good for you and it isn’t good for America.
4) Foreign product safety standards are low. For example, poisonous levels of lead are in tens of millions of products shipped to the USA. When you buy goods made in the USA, you can be confident that American consumer protection laws and safety standards are in place.
3) Lack of minimum wage, worker safety, or environmental pollution controls in many countries undermine the concept of “fair and free trade.” No Western nation can ultimately compete in price with a country willing to massively exploit and pollute its own people. When you buy only American-made products, you insist on a higher standard.
2) Factories and money are shifting to countries not friendly to the USA or democracy. When you avoid imported goods in favor of American-made items, you help ensure that the United States doesn’t find its access to vital goods impacted by political conflict.
1) As US manufacturing ability fades, future generations of US citizens will be unable to find relevant jobs. Buy American and help keep your friends and neighbors—and even yourself—earning a living wage.